Friday, July 11, 2008

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy...

at least in the eyes of children. No, really I love summer time. I love that there is so much to do and that the kids rarely get bored. I can't believe that it is already the middle of July. This summer has flown bye!

We started the summer out with swimming lessons for the boys, Austin is in level 2 and Carson is in level 4. We signed up for the first two weeks in June and I thought it would be great, unfortunately it was still a little bit cold and rainy. The kids didn't mind though they loved gettting to go to the pool every day! Austin likes the water but he is still a little timid about getting his head and face wet. Carson loves the water, so he really enjoyed the lessons. They teach them the butterfly and the breaststroke in level 4 and it was fun to see Carson attempt those. He still has a lot of work to master them but he loves it!

Max just got to watch his brothers. I did let him get in a few times but the poor little guy had to be strapped in his stroller most of the time. If I let him out he would go straight for the pool!
My sister Binny and her two little girls stayed with me for about a week and a half at the beginning of June so we tried to plan some fun things for the kids to do. We went to the Childrens Discovery museum at the Gateway. It really had a lot to do, we could have been there for hours. Austin loved the actual life flight helicopter that they had. He spent about 45 minutes just sitting in that pilot seat. All the kids were ready to move onto something else after about 10 minutes so my mother-in-law Barbara was kind enough to stay out with him. He loved it!This museum had so many fun things to do, a little pretend house, farm, construction zone, store, cars to ride in.....there was so much. The kids thoroughly enjoyed it!Any time I try to put Max on something by himself he screams. We took the kids to the carnival out in Eagle Mountain. I love this picture of Austin with his cousins. It's so fun that they are all so close in age and such good friends.
Austin loves to drive people around in his truck and loved it that Lizzy was perfectly happy to be the passenger.

Another fun thing we have done this summer is swimming every Wednesday with my sisters at Janae's in-laws pool. It's so fun to have a pool all to ourselves and let the kids play with their cousins, and I get to visit with my sisters! Max didn't love the pool at first but now he does! He will even bring me his "submarine" as Austin calls it (floatie) in the house and take it to the door to the garage to tell me he wants to go...so cute.I had my cute little niece Mckenzie stay with me for almost a week, we actually switched kids so Carson could go to St. George and spend some time with his cousin Mckay. Anyway, she took it on her to give Austin a swimming lesson, she even taught him how to dive! I think he does pretty good for a 4 year old. My camera isn't fast enough and after about 5 tries Austin had enough so I never caught him in mid air. Austin has come to love the water, he loves to jump off the diving board and he loves going underwater! He's come a long way since the beginning of the summer. We celebrated the 4th of July with Tom's family this year and went to the parade. I am not a huge fan of parades but the kids love them. It's fun to see their excitement when they see a big huge ballon, or loud motorcycles go by. Afterwards we went to my in-laws and had a bbq and then headed home. That evening we did fireworks in the culdesac with our neighbors. The boys thought that was a ton of fun. I think we eventually came in at about 11:3o! The next morning we left for the Price family reunion at Lagoon. My camera was having issues so sad to say I didn't really get many pictures of the 4th of July weekend. Carson with his buddy Mckay riding the cars. He actually spent most of his time riding the big roller coasters with Tom. He was just barely tall enough to ride them, the only one he didn't like was the Collosus, he said he didn't like how it did the loopty loops. He even went on Wicked with me, I was really nervous before we took off and I look over at him and he is just smiling away! As I am screaming the whole way we finish and Carson said that was the funnest ride ever! I can't believe how big he is getting! Austin loved the kiddie rides, I think his favorite were these rocket ships. It was so cute he would wave to me every time as he went around. He also loved the bumper cars, and the ladybug bop which is like a much smaller version of the rocket.

Lagoon really isn't for the little little ones like Max, we did take him on a few rides and he didn't know what to think. His eyes were really wide and I'm sure he was thinking what am I doing?! His face in this picture kind of sums up his whole day! I had a lot of help from Barbara who was very kind to watch him so the rest of us could go on some rides together.


The last ride of the day we took the boys on rattlesnake rapids and at the beginning of the ride Austin slipped because the boat was rocking back and forth so much, he caught his eye right on the edge of the boat and he screamed the rest of the way. Good thing it was the last ride of the day. We took him to the first aid station and they looked at it and gave him some tylenol. He had a black eye for a week, no fun! We then left for Ogden where we were going to stay overnight so we could attend Tom's cousin Jenna's blessing of her baby boy Calvin. We had a great time and it was fun to visit with everyone!

10 comments:

Binny said...

Oh it is so fun to hear what you guys are up to. I am so glad we got to come out and spend some time with you guys, and that we get to see you again so soon. I love your little buddies and think they are the cutest things ever!

Ines said...

My goodness - you've been busy. Time with family is the best. These kids grow up too fast. It seems like you have to make every moment count. I can't believe it's already the middle of July! I'm so glad you're having such a fun summer. I loved all of your pics.

Jodi Collins said...

It sounds like your having a ton of fun. It is so fun to hear about your kids.

Jodi Collins said...

It sounds like your having a ton of fun. It is so fun to hear about your kids.

Jodi Collins said...

It sounds like your having a ton of fun. It is so fun to hear about your kids.

Michelle said...

I love the summer too! I can't wait until Gavin can swim. But there are good things for us to enjoy now. I love summer nights when it cools down and you can play outside. Fun pictures and great update!

kris said...

What cute pictures of the boy! And what a fun summer! I can't believe how big Max is getting. He has really grown since I have last seen him, he is too cute! Take care!

Melissa said...

fun post--it was great to see all the summer photos. You guys have had a fun-filled summer, that's for sure! That is so cool that Austin can dive! He'll have to teach Jake sometime. I love your idea of swimming with your sisters every week. That is such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are so busy. Can you believe that summer is more than half way over. Looks like fun!

Justin said...

It sounds like your having a ton of fun. It is so fun to hear about your kids. (Thanks Jodi for helping me pick the right words.)