Our first stop was to Wall Street where we took a look at the New York Stock Exchange
We roamed the streets for a while then we decided to take the Staten Island Ferry to get a peek at the Statue of Liberty.
We tried getting a picture with all of us in front of the Statue of Liberty but the lighting was off and it didn't work. And on our way back we were able to get a shot of the New York skyline.

Our next stop was at the wharf and we stopped for some pictures. We then went to Canal St. and chinatown to do a little shopping. All the girls wanted a new purse so we went down to see what we could find. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures but had a great time searching for the right purse. I can't tell you how many secret doors we went through. After we went shopping we went to SoHo, which was so much fun! We even stopped at a little cuban cafe that Jen had recommended for some good food. She said that the corn was really good.
I like corn on the cob but I LOVED this corn on the cob, it was seriously sooo good. Maybe one of the tastiest things I've had. It was grilled and rolled in some sort of sauce then rolled in some cheese that I don't know the name of. If you go to New York you gotta try it, I wish I had gotten two!We then went back to the hotel to rest a little bit and get ready to go to the Mets game. We wanted to go to a Yankees game since they were going to be tearing their field down but they weren't in town, so we settled for the Mets. It was interesting, we found out after we were there that they were going to be tearing down Shea stadium as well. So we were glad that we got the chance to go!

Barbara wasn't feeling well and Amy wasn't in the mood to go to the game. So Sandy and Jen and I had a great time together, even though they lost. We had decided before the game that we would meet up with Barbara and Amy in Times Square for dinner. So what do you know we decide on Sbarro for dinner. Nice choice for pizza in New York huh? I was starving and that cheese pizza never tasted so good!
The next day we saw a little bit more of the city and we waited in line for 1/2 price tickets for the Broadway show. We also saw the Empire State Building, but decided not to pay the $20 and wait in the long line to go to the top. We also stopped at Mood Fabrics, if any of you are Project Runway fans, you'll know that that is where all the designers go for the fabric on the show. 
For lunch we stopped at the Shake Shack, Barbara, Amy and Jenny had eaten there before we came into town.and said it was really good. They have really good hamburgers and fries. After lunch we decided to head back to the hotel to get ready to go to the matinee showing of Mama Mia! An hour later we were all dressed up ready to go!


I loved every minute of that show! It was definitely one of the highlights of the trip! When we came out of the show it was pouring rain! We knew those umbrellas we were carrying around all day would come in handy. We knew we would be going to dinner afterwards and walking all over town so we all brought some flip flops in our purse to change in afterwards. So here we are walking all over the city with the rain pouring constantly, not letting up at all. We stepped off so many curbs landing in puddles of water, laughing like crazy!
Having some fun with the camera, we took this picture in black and white with only the yellow highlight. I can't tell you how many we had to take to make sure there was a taxi in the picture.
For dinner we went to a place called Rickshaw Dumplings. They only serve dumplings, so we ordered a plate of each kind they offered. It was really good and lots of fun!
And to top the night off we saw a special for a pedicure and a manicure for only $19! We couldn't pass that up. And when we were finished it was still raining! We went back to the hotel, put on our warm pajamas and popped popcorn, had candy and watched a movie in our room. What a great day!The next day the weather was perfect, it was about 80 degrees and there was no humidity at all. It was so nice. We stopped to see the temple, right in the middle of the city!
For lunch we stopped at New York's most famous hot dog stand Grays Papaya. We each got two hot dogs then we headed back downtown, on our way we took a walk through Central Park. That place is amazing! I can't believe how huge it is. 
We had some extra time so we went to check out FAO Schwartz toy store. Of course we couldn't resist taking some time to play the BIG piano. We had so much fun!
Here we are attempting to play Heart and Soul, I kind of figured it out but Jenny and Amy really had it down.
This was so much fun, I want to go back and give it another try!
For lunch we stopped at New York's most famous hot dog stand Grays Papaya. We each got two hot dogs then we headed back downtown, on our way we took a walk through Central Park. That place is amazing! I can't believe how huge it is. 
We had some extra time so we went to check out FAO Schwartz toy store. Of course we couldn't resist taking some time to play the BIG piano. We had so much fun!
Here we are attempting to play Heart and Soul, I kind of figured it out but Jenny and Amy really had it down.
This was so much fun, I want to go back and give it another try!Serendipity - The art of finding something by looking for something else. You can't go to New York without stopping at the cute little restaurant Serendipity and getting a frozen hot chocolate. We actually got two... and a hot fudge sundae and a strawberry cheesecake sundae. Doesn't that look good?!!?

We actually finished most of it but we were soooo full afterwards, I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to eat again that day!
After Serendipity we thought we would walk it off and do a little more shopping for souvenirs and check out Rockefeller Plaza. It's funny how in real life things look totally different than you imagine.
And here we are shopping for t-shirts for our kids. We all ended up buying the same ones for our boys and they all ended up like this......

Now that is what I call a cheap t-shirt!
Now that is what I call a cheap t-shirt!
Monday was our last day in New York so we all had breakfast at a little bakery and then we left to catch the train to the airport. They have trains leaving for Long Island only once an hour and we barely caught the one we needed without a minute to spare!
What a fun trip we had! So much laughing, walking, sweet treats, and fun memories! I'm so grateful that I had the chance to spend some time with my mother and sister- in -laws, I feel like we all get a long so well and are great friends! And thanks to my sweet husband for wanting me to go and get a break. I had so much more fun knowing that our kids were taken care of and getting to spend time with their Dad. The boys had so much fun with him, of course he took them to do some really fun things!



19 comments:
Chanelle---it WAS so much fun! I just smiled all the way through your blog, and then laughed out loud when I came to the picture of Austin in his New York shirt! We spent an hour at that vendor--choosing just the right sizes and colors etc. Then yours shredded while they wore them, Sandy's shredded in the wash after the black dye got on Wyatt's mouth when he wiped his mouth off from lunch and Luke's black diaper ring from his shirt... so funny. I guess you really do get what you pay for! The only change I would do is to try and take ALL of the pictures instead of agreeing to be in a few. We had a great trip!
Fun! Fun! Fun! I love NY.
Great post! Love the pictures and all the detail. Can't wait till it's my turn for a trip there. How fun!
You did such a great job with the post! It was so much fun! Can't wait for next years trip!
I'm soooo jealous! I've been wanting to go to New York forever. It looks like my kind of city. I'm glad you had such a great time. Can't wait to see your new purse.
That was so much fun to read through! What an unforgettable trip! I am so glad you could do this and that you got so many great pictures. I loved hearing about all the yummy food you ate. It made my mouth water:)
What a FUN trip Chanelle! I am so jealous!!! You looked so cute in all your pictures! What a fun getaway!!
You are so good at keeping a journal of what you did. It is so neat to be able to read about what you did everyday. I hope one day all of us Hansen girls can do a trip like that. Maybe when we are all done having babies.
Chanelle, you do an amazing job writing about your vacations. You'd be great on a travel show! I'm glad you girls had such a great time.
That vacation looks amazing. I just have to tell you one of my secret wishes is to go to Serendipity some day. I love the movie, I love the word, and I love ice cream...I was meant to go :O)
Isn't the big piano so much fun?! I sure liked it. I even have a picture of me on the wharf in the exact same place as your picture. The one thing that you should have done is gone to the top of Rockefeller Plaza. The view is unbelievably breathtaking, especially at dusk when the Empire State Building lights up in red. I got to reminisce my adventure in New York through yours. I'm glad you had such a fun time in that spectacular city!
Loved the blog.. although, even with all your details and the pics, I don't think anyone else that reads it will understand how much fun we really had!
I love NYC. Looks like you had a great time.
It was so fun seeing some of your pictures. What a blast! I totally want to try that piano. That looks way fun! I knew you had fun but wow--seeing those pictures really makes me want to go. What an experience!!
I can't imagine how you could have seen one thing more...you guys covered that city! How fun for you & what a bunch of babes!!
What a fun trip. Makes me need to go back! Glad you had fun. I love that you told us all the places you ate, that's how I like to travel. I've eaten at a lot of those places and there are some that I haven't tried that make me want to get on a plane tomorrow.
looks like you girls had so much fun! it was great to be able to see doug, barb, jenny, eric, amy, and kip for few minutes on their stop through philly. i am going to take notes on all the great things you did in nyc- we've been there a bunch but haven't seemed to hit all those awesome places!
Chanelle- I loved seeing these pictures of you guys! I miss those sister in laws of yours, and Aunt Barb! How beautiful you all are and deserve such a trip - every minute of it. Hope to see you soon...Kelly
Hi it's Ricki! I saw your blog on Megan's and thought I would drop a line. It's been so long since we have seen you guy's. Your kids are so cute and getting so old! I love blogs it helps you keep up with everyone!
Post a Comment