Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Carson turned 8!

We celebrated Carson's eight birthday this month, I can't believe my little guy (who's not so little anymore) is 8 years old! I remember his blessing like it was yesterday and now we are getting ready for his baptism this Saturday. We also get to start the new adventure of having a cub scout! Carson is so excited to get baptized and be in cub scouts! What a birthday, two things to look forward to at once. He is even wearing Tom's old cub scout shirt, we just took off all of his old patches and good as new. You gotta love the button all the way to the top look!

Tom likes to take the boys out to lunch on their birthday, they get to choose where they want to go and they always choose Chuck E. Cheese, will that ever change?


For his birthday party this year we let him invite a few friends over for a movie night with pizza and cake and ice cream. He had so much fun and so did his brothers!



We also had a family party with some of his cousins and aunts and uncles. For his birthday we gave him a new suit and both of his grandparents gave him a new set of scriptures and hymn book. I was a little worried that he would be a little disappointed because he wasn't getting anything fun, but he was so thrilled with all of it!

But the thing he wanted to do the most was go to a Jazz game, we let him invite a friend and we took them to the Hornets-Jazz game. We took them to dinner before hand and then we went to the game, they both really enjoyed it and it was fun for us to watch them get so into it.


Other interesting things about Carson......

-He is very determined, if he wants to do something there is no stopping him!
-He LOVES sports especially basketball and loves to play on Saturdays at the church with his dad.
- He loves being outside riding his bike, shooting hoops and playing with his friends.
- He loves to watch the Jazz games, if he has to go to bed before it's over he asks me to record it so he can watch it the next night.
- He is an excellent eater, and his favorite food is shrimp.
-He is an awesome big brother and a great help to his mom and dad
We love you Carson and are so proud of the great boy you have become!

9 comments:

Barbara said...

It is so cute to see him in the cub scout shirt! How cool that he can wear Tom's cub scout shirt, I wish I had the scarf, I must have had the boys share scarves-- That brings back lots of fun memories, working on arrows--we only did scouting of all ages for 20 years. With four boys you will have the scout book memorized!

He was so fun on his birthday, he was totally thrilled with his scriptures.

Michelle said...

Wow. You have a kid in cub scouts. Time goes by SO fast!

Jodi Collins said...

Happy Birthday Carson. I can't believe how quickly they grow up.

Binny said...

I can't beleive how old he looks! He doesn't even look like a little boy anymore but a grownup one. He is such a cute good boy, I can't believe that little baby and toddler that I loved to come over to see is now so old. Time sure does fly. Can't wait to see you all next week. Love you!

Parnell's said...

Wow I can't believe you have an 8 year old. Time fly's huh! Cute kids by the way.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Carson! Looks like he had a pretty special birthday. I'm excited to see him in his sharp new suit. How exciting to get baptized and start scouts! I can't believe how quickly these boys are growing up...crazy!

Ines said...

That was so smart to hold on to that scout shirt! I hope you enjoyed your first pack meeting ;) They are sure different.
Kids grow up so fast - enjoy every moment. Carson is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Carson is 8?! Where has the time gone and what a cutier. Your going to keep an eye on that one the girls are going to be chasing him.

Simpson Home said...

Congratulations to Carson. What a great thing to be 8, baptized, and have such a wonderful family. We think you guys are pretty special too. Kathy & Gil