Halloween
Unfortunately Jack was sleeping so I didn't get a cute picture of all the boys but Jack was the cutest little skunk.
We took a trip to Disneyland at Halloween so the boys were able to go trick or treating with their cousins who live in Southern California and had so much fun! We wish that we could spend more time with Jeremy and Sandy and their boys, the boys always have a great time when we go down there.



Disneyland
The highlight of our trip to Disneyland this year was the Jedi Training, since we have one that is obsessed with Star Wars. The 1st time that they did it they were on the front row and they called the boys up right away, they were thrilled! When the boys went up I pulled out my video camera and tried to turn it on, of course the battery was dead. Ahhh! I knew the boys would have loved watching the video of them fighting Darth Vader. I was so disappointed that I told Tom we were going to have to do the Jedi Training again the next day and hope that they would get picked again. The second day we picked the time that we wanted to go and made sure that we were there in plenty of time to get a front row seat so that they would have a good chance of getting picked out of the audience. When they asked who wanted to be a Jedi the boys stood up, raised their hands and started jumping up and down. Well Carson was picked immediately, but not Austin, (the one who is obsessed with Star Wars) and with each kid that was called on to go up Austin started to get panicked, he even started to cry. So he started jumping up and down, waving his arms, trying to get his attention. I was sure that he wasn't going to get picked, and finally, with only a few spots left, they asked him to go up. What a relief! It was so fun to watch them listening intently to what the Jedi Master was saying and so much fun to watch them fight against Darth Vader. The boys loved it! The second time around I was ready with a fully charged battery and didn't miss a moment.
Max was a little scared of most of the rides but with a little coaxing he seemed to enjoy most of them. Some of his favorites were Autopia, Peter Pan and the carousel. I think the thing he enjoyed the most was seeing Lightning McQueen at California Adventure, as you can see from the picture he hated Dumbo. I thought Jack would love going on the little kid rides but ended up screaming on most of the ones that we took him on. I think he hated the Nemo submarine ride the most, the minute we got on that he started screaming, I thought that ride would never end.
Thanksgiving
We were able to go to my parents house for Thanksgiving this year. It had been a long time since I had spent Thanksgiving with my family. It was so much fun, out of the 11 kids in the family 8 of us were there. We had so much fun with everyone and the weather was so nice, it was even warm enough to eat Thanksgiving dinner outside! The boys get along so great with their cousins, even though they don't get to see them very often they always pick up where they left off and play so well together.
My mom had a little talent show for all the grandkids and Austin told the story of the first Thanksgiving feast, it was so cute because he had made the puppets at school and kept reminding me to pack them on our trip. He pretended like he didn't want to go up and then would say ahh..... okay. He even sang a little song to go along with it.
Snowboarding
We put Carson in the Deseret News Ski School, he wanted to try snowboarding so he could decide if he wants to ski or snowboard. After the first lesson he said he wanted to go back to skiing but after his third lesson he decided he wants to stick with snowboarding. He had such a good time! We'll see if he changes his mind.
Christmas
We had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve at our house, with my sister and her family and Tom's parents and brother and sister. Tom made fajitas and they were sooo good. Barbara had planned a lot of games with prizes for everyone, it was so much fun. The kids had a great time dressing up for the nativity. Austin was thrilled to be a wise man and he wore the crown for days afterwards. We couldn't get Max's attention for the picture, he just couldn't forget about his candy

We spent Christmas morning just lounging around the house letting the boys play with their toys, they each got a new remote control car, they had so much fun with those.
We then went to have Christmas dinner at Tom's parents house and Amy and Kip and their kids were there. Getting to be with more cousins! The kids loved it! We also got to have such a delicious dinner, some things we had were: prime rib, crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, orange rolls, spinach salad mmmmm so good!






















6 comments:
I was so excited to see you have a new post! It was fun to see all your pictures and hear about your different adventures. My favorite picture is the one of Max crying on the Dumbo ride. Tom's expression is classic and hilarious! Greg and I both got a good laugh from that one. :) Dumbo--he's one scary guy! You are such a cute mom. The boys looked so cute in their always amazing Halloween costumes and MATCHING Christmas jammies. You do so many fun things with your kids too. so many fun memories! Looks like you've got a hang of your new camera!
What a fun kind of crazy!
That was such a fun post. I love hearing about all the funny and cute things the boys do. I love that picture of Max and Tom on Dumbo, Kevin and I got a good laugh about that too. I love hearing about the jedi training, Austin looks so intent in his picture. I miss you and I hope I get to see you again soon.
What a fun post Chanelle, I smiled all the way through it. Disneyland was so fun, Halloween, Christmas- lots of fun memories- What great parents you are-
LOVED LOVED LOVED the update and all the pictures. Looks like fun few months - I wouldn't have blogged either. I love the picture of your kids in matching Christmas jammies. It TOTALLY hit me "You have FOUR kids." Wowza. THey are SO cute, by the way.
YAY for updates! It's about time girl (wink) but can't even imagine how busy your life is with five boys (yep, I'm counting your hubby too) Love all the pictures and you look great as always.
My favorite is seeing your little skunk costume, wish we could see you soon): Hopefully this summer.
Post a Comment