Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rodeo


I love the rodeo, it's a classic all-american summer activity. The boys really love it too and they love playing the part as well, they put on their cowboy shirts and hats and feel like they are cowboys themselves! We went this year to celebrate Grandpa's birthday, Doug, Barb and Stan were there and Jenny brought her boyfriend Tyler. We all had such a great time spending a warm summer night at the rodeo!

I was really worried about how Jack would do....I wasn't so sure about the bleachers. He loves climbing up and down stairs right now and I knew he probably was going to try doing it all night. Sure enough, I was right and from the very beginning he wouldn't sit still. Tom took him down closer to the rodeo grounds to watch from down there but all he seemed interested in was climbing those stairs, which really are scary since he could easily fall through. Tom tried distracting him from the stairs to the cool horses and Jack would watch for a second and then quickly go back to climbing the stairs. After about 30 minutes Tom gave up and decided to take Jack home and put him to bed. It made it so much more enjoyable for me and the boys. We each got a cup of strawberries with cream.... can't go to the strawberry days rodeo without enjoying some of those! We all had such a fun time and the boys loved it! I didn't even hear an "I'm tired" or a "let's go home" the entire night!

Will I ever get a picture of all the boys looking?




















The next morning I found Max in his cowboy shirt, that he pulled out of the laundry, pretending to be a cowboy. It was so cute because he pulled Jack's shirt out of the laundry also and wanted me to put it on him so he could be a cowboy too. Such a good brother:)

10 comments:

Jarom, Kristen, Jerry, and Ruby said...

That's funny about the stairs. I took Jerry to Rango in a theater with stadium seating... We left after 5 minutes. I had fun seeing you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a great post. Looks like so much fun! Hope your having a nice, relaxing summer =)

Binny said...

The boys look SO cute in their shirts and hats! I love that Max got his shirt out, so cute! Nellie sure misses him so much! And we all miss all of you guys!

Barbara said...

It was so fun! The boys are so cute--Jack did have fun on those stairs, up and down, standing up and sitting down- such a cute age-

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I love your new blog header, Chanelle! And this is such a fun post. I love that all your boys were wearing flannel shirts. They looked so cute!

Heather said...

What a cute bunch of cowboys! We love 'em all.

Michelle said...

I didn't know you had this little country girl in you! Cute boys!

kelly said...

so cute! was so fun to see you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

直播聊天 , 直播聊天 , 直播聊天 , 直播聊天 , 直播聊天 , 直播聊天 , 直播聊天 , 直播聊天 , 直播聊天 , 直播聊天